The CELPIP-General Test is a complete English language testing program that assesses general levels of functional competency. The test is completely computer-delivered and consists of following components:
- General Reading and Writing
The Canadian Test
The CELPIP-General Test uses the English variety spoken in Canada. Individuals wishing to immigrate to and adapt to life in Canada relate more to understanding and using Canadian English than other varieties of English used in other comparable testing systems.
Benefits of the Computer-Delivered CELPIP-General Test
1. Allows test candidates to complete all components of the test in just one three-hour sitting. The Speaking component requires no additional appointments with an examiner. This allows test candidates to demonstrate their English proficiency without the confounding effects associated with human interaction as used in other testing systems.
2. Completing the test with a keyboard and mouse rather than paper and pen can provide a considerable advantage to the test candidate, especially in the Writing component.
3. The use of a headset for the Listening component allows test candidates to adjust the volume to suit their own needs.
4. The Writing component includes an automatic “word count” function.
5. Each component of the test includes a timer, which allows test candidates to keep track of their own time.