The CELPIP-General Test is designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) as proof of English language proficiency for those applying for permanent resident status in Canada under the following immigration streams:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP),
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP),
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC),
- Start-up Visa Program, and
- various Provincial Nominee Programs.
For specific language requirements, please visit the IRCC website at www.cic.gc.ca.